Wednesday 21 August 2019

My first day at PROUD Uganda by Tumusiime Annet



It was Monday 14/01/2019 when I arrived at Proud Uganda. I came early in the morning, I found a lady sitting in group one class. We greeted each other and she welcomed me well. I introduced myself to her and she answered me that she is called Asiimwe Apophia.

I asked her about the activities which are carried out in the project, she explained everything to me and later she took me around the project. She showed me group one class and group two which has a shop inside, she showed me bathrooms, toilets and changing room and they were so nice with uniform tiles.

She explained to me about the big building that it was to be used as a restaurant. We went to the kitchen and it was so smart with sinks, tiles from top to bottom. She told me that small buildings which were unfinished were to be used as bakery and home stay.

She took me to the garden and told me that Immaculate is responsible for the gardens. I found sugarcane, vegetables for example sukumawick and cabbages.

Later other skills trainers came and the children also. I introduced myself to them and they also introduced themselves to me. The assistant manager who is called Madam Twesigyemukama Josephine showed me the children I will be teaching. The staff was so cooperative.

What surprised me were the lessons which are done at Proud Uganda and I had never seen them for example cognitive games, watering, serving food by children from group 2, setting tables and gardening.

My first day at Proud Uganda was so interesting and it ended well, I went home at 5:00 pm.

I remain Tumusiime Annet.

No comments:

Post a Comment